4 Mar 2007

Good example of hot line

I recently visited the cafe in Moscow - member of a huge coffee chain. While sitting there - so many things made me really frustrating - like absence of certain items I ordered from menu, loud music, late delivery of things I ordered, cold water instead of room temperature, dirty toilet.. At the certain point I started to look for a telephone number or email to complain/ suggest.

Good thing no 1. I found the telephone number in menu - very easy to find.

I called them the moment I stepped out of the cafe

Good thing no 2. Phone was answered immediately.

3. It's not a 3rd party call center - it's a marketing employee able to give me the feedback and provide apology on behalf of the chain

4. Although I thought I would never come back to this chain again - the lady made me come back - she promised to leave a voucher I can redeem in one of locations

So, when you want feedback and you can support picking up calls yourself - do what they did.. I'm sure if it were the 3rd party call center - they would never retain me as a client. Announce the phone number in menu - best place in case of restaurant/ cafe. And be ready to provide the incentive to the caller - he is giving you the information of incredible importance.

No comments: