14 Feb 2007

How to satisfy me if I'm complaining about product

I bought the non original charger for my phone and it killed the battery. I wrote a quick complaint to the Russia's big mobile phone retailer and received a reply. Tried to understand what was satisfying and what was not:

Satisfying
  • They replied within 24 hrs (actually around 8 hrs)
  • They apologised

Not satisfiyng
  • They replied from the email address of 3rd party CRM provider. So it's not actually retailer's employee who was writing to me on behalf of retailer.. strange feeling.. like someone stepped on my feet and then his lawer is calling to apologise
  • They wrote: "sorry if we caused you.." Of course, you, bloody, caused me. I don't need "if". You just caused me.

To summarise: Don't say If in critical sentences and reply from your company address

No comments: